Saturday, September 15, 2012

glory

All this waiting is for God's glory. I'm so thankful my pastor listens intently to the leading of the Lord and preaches so much truth to my ears and into my soul each week. Waiting is God's way of bringing Himself the most glory in any situation.....so right now, as I type, I'm confident that His glory is being multiplied in the story of our foster/adoption. Some days I wait better than other days. Today my heart is once again aching....but I know it's just being prepared by my loving Jesus. Oh Jesus...Is this how  you ache for us to come home and be adopted by you?

Our friends who we started this process with got placed with two sweet boys about a month ago. Seeing those boys in their arms was one of the most profound spiritual moments of my life. We had prayed for them for so long and been on the journey of classes, CPR classes, home studies, questions, laughter, tears, prayer....and here they were. The boys that God sovereignty chose for our dear friends to love and take care of. They may only be able to keep them for a short time, but to watch the healing taking place in those little hearts is incredible. Not to mention what it has done for us.....to love of them helps our hearts prepare to love on the child we will have.

The kids seem better at waiting...which is never easy for kids. They pray for the "new kid" and we often talk about the future including the "new kid". We went house "looking" yesterday (to be continued) and definitely were picking out the "new kid's" room. Will we have 3 kiddos to spoil at Christmas? Will we be picking out a Halloween costume for a little one? Will we have one more to be Thankful for in November? Will the "new kid" be here to meet my new little friend-niece or nephew from the Dutillys in March?.......this is when I remember that there is PURPOSE in the waiting!...

GLORY

No comments:

Post a Comment