Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Patience.....

I'm so impatient.....seriously, I think it comes from being so spoiled as a child. When I think of something I want in my head, I really need to find a way to get it. If I think of a place I want to go, we go. If I need something, I find a way to make it happen.

 I see it in my own children too. Once they get an idea or a desire they are tenacious and impatient to have it, go there, get it, be there, do it!

My heart feels impatient about meeting our foster child these days....I just wonder if whoever it is may be in a bad situation, and that makes me so impatient to get he or she here; safe, in a loving home. Are we perfect, NO, but we are ready to love someone. I don't remember if I was so anxious when I was near the end of my pregnancies and after all, this process has been much more comfortable! I think it's partly due to three friends having babies in the last month or so and my arms having the privilege of holding them close.

 I am trusting that God is preparing our hearts just as much as He is preparing the little one's heart. It will be His perfect timing!

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment